Our team of tax experts or lawyers will provide information on provincial and federal tax regulations and answer questions that can reasonably be answered over the phone.
- Tax rules for individuals, including property rental and self-employed workers
- Tax rules on estates, including testamentary trusts
- Tax rules on non-testamentary trusts
- Information to relieve individuals' tax burden, using registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs), split income, and the creation of a legal entity
- Tax rules for residents of another province and/or country as well as for foreign nationals
Examples of questions:
- What is the deadline for contributing to an RRSP in order to benefit from a tax reduction?
- What happens if I don't have all the required income tax slips?
- How can I obtain the processing status of the income tax return that I have already filed out?
- How can I make changes to my T4 slip?
- What can I do if I can't pay the balance owing immediately?
- What is the penalty for submitting my income tax return after the deadline?
- What are the interest rates on balances owing and unpaid refunds?
- How many years should I keep my previous income tax returns?
- I have shared custody of my child temporarily—for summer vacations, for example. Am I eligible for benefits?
- What are the consequences of a change in matrimonial status?
- What are the tax rules on non-testamentary trusts?
- When do I have to produce an income tax return for an estate?
- What estate income is taxable? If the entire inheritance goes to the surviving spouse, is it taxable?